[Mailman-Users] Both Mailman and Majordomo

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Fri Oct 1 09:24:49 CEST 2004

Why not consider modifying the mm-handler Perl script. It currently
knows how to deliver to Mailman lists and knows what Mailman lists
there are by looking up Mailman file structures on disk (see line 203
onwards of the code) and then running the Mailman delivery wrapper. I
do not user majordomo, but presumably an equivalent piece of code to
confirm and deliver to majordomo's lists could be fashioned and added.

btw: do beware the existing latent defect of the mm-handlers failure to
properly check the return code when it call close on the pipe being
used to do the delivery, which can lead to silently lost/undelivered
messages - see next sentence for a hint at what needs to be done. Also
consider that mm-handler's home grown bounce generator can be
substituted by simply having it return the appropriate exit status to
sendmail, which will then generate the bounce message in it normal way.
You could also consider switching to a Python equivalent of mm-handler
without the defect. See:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
func=detail&aid=644810&group_id=103&atid=300103