[Mailman-Users] Mailman "webcreate" page and proxy-ing problems

scott at nexus-iservices.com scott at nexus-iservices.com
Sat Oct 2 23:36:08 CEST 2004

Thanks Brad -- I found a one line solution that solves my problem

a minor change to Utils.py:

^L
def get_domain():
    host = os.environ.get('HTTP_X_FORWARDED_HOST',
os.environ.get('SERVER_NAME'))
#    host = os.environ.get('HTTP_HOST', os.environ.get('SERVER_NAME'))
    port = os.environ.get('SERVER_PORT')
    # Strip off the port if there is one

And now all the links are fine.

I know its not the "BEST" solution... and I'm sure Barry and the rest of the
development team can make it work better under all circumstances (ie, when
the host is not proxy'd) -- but this seems to solve my problems nicely now.

-- note -- this does not solve the total virtualization problem... lists are
still unique to the server they reside on, but it does solve the need to
install mailman against every domain...