[Mailman-Users] Both Mailman and Majordomo

Frank Torres frankt at pdx.edu
Mon Oct 4 18:09:40 CEST 2004

Well, I thought I would contribute what I have done to get majordomo and
mailman running on the same host. This all done with sendmail 8.13.1+
version so use those sendmail books if you have an older/newer version
of sendmail. Add the following flags to mm-handler under sendmail:
  <F=A/|:> Add these to the flags of the mm-handler line.
  (/) is probably not necessary I just have not tried it with out.
  (A) forces alias lookups.
  (:) is for (:include:) part of majordomo which is not the default no
      more or least not in 8.13.1+.
  (|) is necessary because majordomo uses pipes/forks process off to
      majordomo.

  I am very pleased that I do not need to edit the mm-handler even
though I had started. This will now allow me to cleanly migrate my
customer off of majordomo to mailman.

My thanks to everybody that helped

Best Regards,
Frank T.