[Mailman-Users] Understanding Bounces

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Mon Oct 4 21:24:23 CEST 2004

I'm running 2.0.11

I run a few lists where it's important to know that the message was
delivered to everyone on the list.  So, although I'd like mailmain to
continue to manage bounces, I'd also like to get a notification of
every bounce.

Is there a way to set this up?

I'm not 100% clear on the Bounces options.  If I disable the first
item: "Try to figure out error messages automatically?"  That turns off
all bounce handling, right?

If I disable that will *all* the admins see every bounce?

Or can I set:

  Minimum number of posts to the list since members first bounce
  before we consider removing them from the list

to the number 1 and get notification on the first bounce?

Is there a way to see the status of bounces that mailmain is managing
for a given list?

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley