[Mailman-Users] Content negotiation for language

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Wed Oct 6 01:42:02 CEST 2004

Hi,

Evan Prodromou wrote:

> So, as far as I can tell, the Web interface for Mailman is completely
> ignorant of content negotiation
> (http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec12.html). It doesn't
> seem to do any variation on the Accept-Language header sent by the
> browser.
>
> Am I incorrect? Is there some way to get Mailman to show the page in
> French if the user's browser preference is French, and German if the
> user's browser preference is German? Or does the user always have to see
> the default language version before changing over to their preferred
> language?

You are right. The content negotiation feature will not be included in
the current stable 2.1.x. You are encouraged to post feature request to
SourceForge tracker:
or post it in Mailman 3.0 Wiki area:
http://www.zope.org/Members/bwarsaw/MailmanDesignNotes/MailmanThreePointOh
or join the mailman 3.0 dev team:

Or, was there a discussion on this in mailman-developers?

http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/