[Mailman-Users] Listserv

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Oct 13 06:16:44 CEST 2004

Heather Carpenter wrote:

>I realize your products are free, however it would be great if we are able
>to insert a persons name next to their e-mail address in the list, and be
>able to export the list of members to an excel spreadsheet.  Your reply
>would be appreciated.

Hugh Esco responded in a post with Subject: Replies to Several Questions

bin/list_members as mentioned by Hugh is the preferred and best way to
get a membership list, but if you don't have command line access to
your Mailman installation, you can use the "who" e-mail command to get
a membership list with names but missing the "hidden" members.

Jim Tittsler has a script to retrieve the member list via the web
interface. See
http://starship.python.net/crew/jwt/mailman/#throughtheweb