[Mailman-Users] Lyris Vs. Mailman [speed]

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Oct 15 16:20:08 CEST 2004

BG Mahesh wrote:

>I would like to know how many emails can mailman send out in an hour [assume bandwidth connection is 512k]. This is not for spamming but we have a huge client list and we need to send out mails. We use lyris but the new version is way too expensive.
>
>Some other questions,
>
>- Is there a maximum number of members per list?
>- Can the list hold over 20m users [divided into several lists]?
>- If the member email id is bad will some kind of flag be set as "Bad" or "Hold"?

See my previous reply to most of these questions at
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2004-October/040104.html

You probably didn't receive it because I sent it to you as well as the
list (which I'm not doing this time) and if you are set to not receive
duplicates, you wouldn't have been sent a copy from the list. Last I
checked, the message to you (and shiva.kumar) was deferred because my
server was timing out trying to connect to yours.

Sa far as list size is concerned, see
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?query=list+size&querytype=allkeywords&casefold=yes&req=search