[Mailman-Users] How do I?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Oct 19 17:47:45 CEST 2004

Donald A Green wrote:

>How does the moderator log into the admin function. I entered the
>Moderator's email address and a password for moderators, but it isn't
>obvious where they log in. Admin always asks for the Administrator.

The moderator can only go to the "admindb" page. When you go there
(e.g. http://www.example.com/mailman/admindb/your_list_name), you will
be asked for the moderator password. This can be any of the list's
moderator password, the list's admin password or the site password. It
is not the moderator's personal password.

The moderator cannot go to the "admin" pages. Only administrators can
go there.