[Mailman-Users] "virtual domains" and lists therein

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Tue Oct 19 22:33:15 CEST 2004

Hi

I understand that list names have to be unique amongst domains being
hosted.  This is on Mailman 2.1.5

I have a list on a customers machine that I am trying to set up.  His
main Mailman is under mailman.hisdomain.tld and he wants a list added
to the virtual domain mailman.hisvirtual.tld .  I updated the apache
for the mailman.hisdomain.tld to also respond to
mailman.hisvirtual.tld.  And then I added to my mm_cfg.py the following

add_virtualhost("mailman.hisvirtual.tld", "hisvirtual.tld")

Is there anything else I need to do?

The problem is that the subscribe screen, for example, has the POST
ACTION referring back to the main mailman.hisdomain.tld  and the links
at the bottom to the various things also default to hisdomain.tld

  and also the listinfo page when referenced by mailman.hisvirtual.tld
show no lists when there is one.

Chad