[Mailman-Users] Mailman on Solaris-based web server

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Oct 22 03:17:53 CEST 2004

At 12:04 PM -0400 2004-10-20, Mauricio Tavares wrote:

>  Probably, the best way to do it is kinda like what you infered: install
>  mailman in the webserver and then automount the data directories. I'll
>  be playing with that and keep you all posted with my adventures.

	Automounter is a traditional area of much pain with NFS servers.
If you need that functionality, "amd" may be a better choice.  My
personal experience is that this sort of thing is a pain overall, and
better avoided by using intelligent static mounts.

	Otherwise, with the other comments on this thread regarding
Mailman's intelligent design for handling other typical NFS problem
areas, it sounds like you may be reasonably safe.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755