[Mailman-Users] Mail stuck in Exim queue

John W. Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Sat Oct 30 19:01:16 CEST 2004

On 10/30/2004 4:57, "Adrian Cooper" <adrian at cooper.net> wrote:

> Hi John,
>

>> On 10/29/2004 16:20, "Adrian Cooper" <adrian at cooper.net> wrote:
>>
>>> There does seem to be a problem with Exim accepting the Mailman
> connection
>>> speed.
>>
>> Not here, but CPanel isn't involved here.
>
> cPanel is not really an issue since the O/S level installations are the same
> or similar.
>
> The solution appears to be to restrict the number of concurrent connections
> between Mailman and Exim. I have added the relevant lines to the Mailman
> configuration but for some reason if I place the recommended line in
> Exim.conf, Exim will not start. The line is:
>
> smtp_max_sessions_per_connection = 30

Jim T. has provided the proper name for the Exim option in question, and
other tuning possibilities.  I can't think of anything to add.

Having never seen or touched a cpanel installation, I'm very reluctant to
try to answer questions about them (that's more true on the Mailman side,
where it appears Mailman is somewhat modified in those installations).

It's good to learn that you do have the access you need to make the
adjustments that are desirable.  Thanks.

  --John