[Mailman-Users] Spoofed Addresses

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Sat Oct 30 23:51:10 CEST 2004

Hi,

I don't use bogofilter but use spamassassin to filter incoming messages.

> I've learned that /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases (generated by Mailman)
> has entries like:
>
> bogofilter:        "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post bogofilter"
> bogofilter-admin:  "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman admin bogofilter"
>
> my next step is to look at the mailman code that generates this, see if
> there are options for running additional filters, etc, etc.

With this aliases setting, the incoming messages will not pass through
procmail and bogofilter. You should either set up aliases to be handled
by procmail or activate filter option in postfix.
Web documents like
  http://www.advosys.ca/papers/postfix-filtering.html
and of course your friendly postfix manual may be helpful.

Or, you can add a SpamAssassin.py like handler in Mailman/Handlers.
(As SourceForge is currently down, so I can't give you the id but there
is a patch in the patch tracker.)

> By the way, being a bayesian filter, bogofilter doesn't have any rules.

This, I believe is a bogofilter question. How do you set up the rules?

> Address validation is in the realm of procmail's capabilities and, at
> the present time, that's not being run for mailing list messages.

Address and _header_ validation as well as attachment filtering can be
handled by Mailman. You should browse through privacy/filter options.

http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/