[Mailman-Users] IOError: [Errno 40] Too many levels of symbolic links:

Jennifer Dostal jendostal at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 24 20:07:40 CEST 2004

Hello all!

I'm using Mailman as my org's listserv. I didn't set it up, so I'm a bit lost with this error message. I get the error  when I click on the Overview of all lists link at the bottom of the page. I need to add some more lists but I can't because I now get this message. I am using a hosting service, so I don't have a lot of acces to the nuts and bolts of the server and services.

Thanks!
Jen

Bug in Mailman version 2.1.5
We're sorry, we hit a bug!
If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a copy of this page to the webmaster for this site with a description of what happened. Thanks! Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):  File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/scripts/driver", line 87, in run_main    main()  File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/listinfo.py", line 42, in main    listinfo_overview()  File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/listinfo.py", line 87, in listinfo_overview    mlist = MailList.MailList(name, lock=0)  File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 128, in __init__    self.Load()  File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 629, in Load    self.CheckVersion(dict)  File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 671, in CheckVersion    self.InitVars()  File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 372, in InitVars    baseclass.InitVars(self)  File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/Archiver.py", line 111, in InitVars    fp = open(indexfile)IOError: [Errno 40] Too many levels of symbolic links:
 '/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives/private/announcements_isf.waglo.com/index.html'