[Mailman-Users] HELP - can't authorize posts - timeout error

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Sep 24 22:26:37 CEST 2004

Timothy Hagan wrote:

>I am receiving the emails from Mailman telling me that, as
>administrator, I need to authorize the delivery of a posting. It
>includes a link (for my convenience) to access the admin web page and
>approve the posting. However, my browser times out every time I try to
>link to it. Is there something that could be wrong with my server? Is
>there a way to approve this posting without going to the web?

Can you visit your list's administrative interface on the web at all
(at something like http://www.example.com/mailman/admin/listname)?

If so, can you follow the link to Tend to pending moderator requests?

In any case, there seems to be a problem in either your web server or
the link in the approval reminder? Without more information, It's hard
to tell what.

If you look carefully at the original notice that you get if
admin_immed_notify is set to Yes, it contains a separate message part
as follows:

--------