[Mailman-Users] Option to suppress senders' email addresses?

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Sun Sep 26 21:47:51 CEST 2004

At 12:11 PM -0700 2004-09-26, Mark Sapiro wrote:

>  If you were going to take the "keep only these" approach rather than
>  the "delete these" approach, you'd have to keep more than Subject:.

	If you're going to be serious about anonymizing something, you
have no choice but to strip everything but certain specific headers
that you know to be clean.

>  You'd also need to keep  Mime-Version:, Content-Type:
>  reveal the originating domain), In-Reply-To: (for proper archive
>  threading), References: and Date:.

	You would certainly have to remove "Message-Id:" and regenerate
locally on the anonymizing mail server.  I'd have to talk to certain
people I know in the anonymous remailer community to see which others
would also have to be removed, and find out the reasoning behind that.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755