[Mailman-Users] no public archives possible

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Thu Sep 30 07:51:31 CEST 2004

On Sep 29, 2004, at 04:25, Heiner Lamprecht wrote:

> [...] And when I want to see the archive, I
> only get "Access denied" (no matter, what domain I use).  Apache
> log says:
>
> "client denied by server
> configuration: /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/<listname>"

Is your Apache configured to follow symbolic links?  (Where they exist,
the public archives are simply symbolic links to the private archives.)
  See Apache's "Options FollowSymLinks" and make sure it applies to your
/var/lib/mailman/archives/public directory.

> P.S.: Is there any way to limit a list to one domain?  I don't need
> to have multiple lists with the same name but for different
> domains.  But I don't like the idea, that one can post to one list,
> using every domain of the server ...

That is a function of your mail server configuration.  Have it consider
both the local part and the domain name when checking the aliases that
direct mail to Mailman.

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/