[Mailman-Users] Tiered mail lists w/ posting restrictions

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Apr 3 01:15:25 CEST 2005

Michael Soulier wrote:

>On Apr 2, 2005 10:56 AM, Porter <porter_314 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I am trying to build a list that is inclusive of
>> serval sub lists but that have subscriber only posting
>> restrictions.
>
>I do this by building the higher level lists via a script on the
>server each night.
>
>For example, list D is composed of the members of lists A, B and C, so
>I iterate those and call list_members on each, uniquely sort the final
>list and use it as the list to sync_list for list D.

And Michael's post reminds me that in my previous two posts in this
thread, I negelected to mention FAQ article 3.5 at
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.005.htp
which has an example script for Michael's method and a link to a more
elaborate script that transfers member options from the sub lists.