[Mailman-Users] Integrated creation of mailing lists (automated or via API?)

Forrest Aldrich forrie at forrie.com
Tue Apr 5 04:34:17 CEST 2005

The company I'm contracting for wishes to create some means to
automatically create mailing lists.

First, they want to interface LDAP such that the list
config/content/membership (whatever) is stored there and then exported
to Mailman.

That would require understanding the various config formats that Mailman
uses, etc.

I'm thinking a couple of ways to do this would be:

- Understand the API spec and perhaps do some system calls (they don't
want to support Python beyond Mailman, though)
- Create some CGI hacks that will create the lists, etc, using the
command line tools (will that scale to large lists?)

I wonder if someone has experience in this area, and how you
accomplished this.

Thanks,
Forrest