[Mailman-Users] two subscription requests

Rob Shepherd robshep at informatics.bangor.ac.uk
Wed Apr 13 19:32:36 CEST 2005

Jim Tittsler wrote:
> On Apr 13, 2005, at 23:08, Rob Shepherd wrote:
>
>> Jim Tittsler wrote:

>>> Do you get two confirmation mails if you subscribe from the web
>>> interface?
>>> (If it is only when trying to subscribe via email, I'd look for
>>> broken/superfluous aliases.)
>>

>> OK then first off I apologise, I was sending "subscribe" to
>> announce-request and not announce-join. Now it sends only with the
>> correct address.
>

> I think there is something else going on, because the -request address
> should work.  I'd suggest double checking your aliases.
> (~mailman/bin/genaliases can generate the proper list for you.)

Thanks very much for your assistance Jim, much appreciated.

genaliases produces the same files as before.

This problem happens if I send to a virtual list (normal postfix virtual mail
works fine) or if I send to a non virtual alias.

  From postfix's logs I see in both occurences postfix expands the alisases
properly and delivers to command just the once.

NOTE: if I post subscribe to -subscribe or -join it works fine ( just the one post )
However if I post subscribe to -request it send to different confirmation emails.

I remembered the "owner-request-special" conf for postfix and checked that; it
says "no", as it should.

I am under the impression that if it "should" work but doesn't then there may be
other gremlins waiting to act but maybe not identify themselves in such an
obvious manner next time.....

before I try and trace the problem would you recommend I may as well upgrade.

How "beta" is 2.1.6beta? Any reports of using it in a production environment?

Will it be easy to upgrade to stable once it is released?

Many thanks.

Rob

--
/**