[Mailman-Users] Setting option flag for all users?

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Fri Apr 15 03:09:13 CEST 2005

On Apr 15, 2005, at 02:35, Jared Smith wrote:

> I really don't want to change the options manually in the Web
> interface for 1000 usrs. I've narrowed this down to the send_reminders
> flag in the user options, but I'm not sure how to change this flag to
> 0 for all the users. Perhaps a withlist command?

I think you want to set SuppressPasswordReminders for each member.  And
yes, you could do it with withlist.  Create ~mailman/noreminders.py
containing:

###noreminders.py
from Mailman import mm_cfg

def noreminders(m):
     for addr in m.getMembers():
         m.setMemberOption(addr, mm_cfg.SuppressPasswordReminder, 1)
     m.Save()
     m.Unlock()
###noreminders.py

and then run on list 'mylist' by using withlist, remembering to lock
the list:

bin/withlist -l -r noreminders mylist

--
Jim Tittsler     http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6