[Mailman-Users] missing posts

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Apr 16 19:14:23 CEST 2005

mariocawrote:

>Can anyone help out with this problem.  We have had subscribers missing posts in the past and it has happened again. Here is the most recent sequence of events in which subscribers did not get which post:
>
>1. Earthlink subscriber posts to list
>2. VTR.net (from Chile) subscriber responded to #1
>3. Mindspring subscriber received post by #2 but not #1
>4. Hotmail subscriber received #3 post but not #1 and #2
>
>Has any one else experienced this or have an idea about what is causing certain people not to get certain messages?

It is probably one of two things:

1) Transient situations causing delivery delay or failure. Message may
eventually by delivered. Check your outgoing MTA queues to see if
messages are still queued. Check your mailman 'bounce' and
'smtp-failure' logs.

2) Spam filtering by the recipient or the recipient's ISP