[Mailman-Users] List within a list

Kyle Kniepkamp kkniepkamp at genetics.wustl.edu
Wed Apr 20 05:39:35 CEST 2005

	Do you have that backwards?

No, when someone sends a mail to LIST2, even thought LIST1 is subscribed to LIST2, LIST1's admin gets a 'please confirm' email.

	Depending on your settings for USE_ENVELOPE_SENDER and SENDER_HEADERS
	in Defaults.py/mm_cfg.py you may be able to accomplish what you want
	by putting the LIST2-bounces address in LIST1's
	accept_these_nonmembers.

My USE_ENVELOPE_SENDER and SENDER_HEADERS look fine:

USE_ENVELOPE_SENDER = No
SENDER_HEADERS = ('from', None, 'reply-to', 'sender')

The other thing I am wondering about is that I have in "accept_these_nonmembers":

^.*@*\.mydomain\.edu
^.*@mydomain\.edu

Shouldn't this allow any mail coming from @something.mydomain.edu or mydomain.edu to post to my list (LIST1)? LIST2 is list2 at something.mydomain.edu.

I am confused (obviously) as to why a mail sent to LIST2 wont go directly to LIST1 if that list is subscribed to LIST2.

Thanks,

Kyle Kniepkamp