[Mailman-Users] mailman database support ?

John W. Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Wed Apr 27 00:35:36 CEST 2005

On 4/26/2005 14:58, "Brad Knowles" <brad at stop.mail-abuse.org> wrote:

> 10k subscribers is peanuts for Mailman.  With the right hardware,
> OS, and software configuration, you can do 100,000 or more.  See
> <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.015.htp>.

If we're going to start recommending personalization be on for bounce (and
spam filter) reasons, we should probably be careful with claims like the
above (although with proper hardware, etc it would still be true, but
perhaps harder to achieve).

And we should probably adjust the above article with the equivalent written
in FAQ-ese of "personalization will make the tuning harder."

  --John