[Mailman-Users] Bug Help

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Wed Apr 27 17:56:26 CEST 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 11:38 -0400, Loomis, Todd, CTR, DMSO wrote:
> No actually I get the following:
>
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "<string>", line 1, in ?
> KeyError: getpwnam(): name not found

Since the command "id" can lookup up the mailman password
info we know it's defined in the system and can be successfully
queried. However, it appears python cannot successfully execute
the same query.

What the error is saying is that when python tries to lookup the name
"mailman" it is failing. You might try replacing "mailman" with your
username in the snippet and see if python can look it up.

If you just added the mailman account you might be having problems with
nss and/or nscd (its a bit overkill but rebooting will refresh the name
cache), or you could be having python problems, it's hard to say.

All of these I'm sorry to say are probably off topic for this list until
you can get that little python snippet to work.

BTW, mailman 2.0.x is pretty old, you may want to consider upgrading to
2.1.5
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>