[Mailman-Users] Changing Contact Mailing Address

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Apr 29 22:46:38 CEST 2005

Staven Bruce wrote:

> After I commented out the mailman:postmaster and mailman-owner:mailman
> entries from my aliases file and left
> the aliases that pipe into /var/mailman/mail/mailman, I regenerated the
> aliases file and then restarted the sendmail service. However, even after
> all that, any mail sent to mailman at mydomain.com was not sent to me and
> seemed to disappear.

I think what you are missing here is that mailman at mydomain.com is a list
just like any other. If you want arbitrary people to be able to send to
you via that list, you have to set that list so the default action for
non member posts is Accept and you have to be a subscriber (member) of
that list with delivery enabled.