[Mailman-Users] emails getting cut up

John W. Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Thu Aug 11 18:24:23 CEST 2005

On 8/11/05 6:52 AM, "Brad Knowles" <brad at stop.mail-abuse.org> wrote:

> At 2:54 PM -0600 2005-08-10, steven roeder wrote:
>
>>  ive been having problem with my emails getting cut up, due to size i
>>  believe, but i have the (Maximum length in kilobytes (KB) of a message
>>  body. Use 0 for no limit.) set to 0. is there something im missing?
>
> Mailman doesn't "cut up" e-mail messages.  You can configure it
> to strip certain MIME bodypart types, or you can configure it to only
> allow certain MIME bodypart types through, and you can also configure
> it to convert HTML into plain text.  Of course, it can also reject
> messages because they're too large.
>
> But that's it.  You can't configure it to "cut up" messages.

One can configure Outlook Express--at least some versions--to cut large
messages into small pieces.  Found while dealing with a support issue which,
paraphrased, was "I send one message, and John receives 6 messages from me."

Steven didn't seem to post to the list using Outlook Express (the headers
didn't make it clear what he did use) so I didn't say anything earlier,
although I should have.

My Windows machine is currently safe in its carrying case (no viruses get in
that way), so I can't find the setting.

  --John