[Mailman-Users] Digest Mode

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Fri Aug 12 04:15:27 CEST 2005

On Aug 12, 2005, at 03:40, Michael LaFarr wrote:

> I would like to set up a list that does not give the user the
> choice of how they will receive messages (individually or grouped).  I
> would like to configure the list so that when I approve incoming
> messages,
> all messages will all be sent grouped in one email rather than
> separate
> emails.

As you've stated the problem, there isn't an existing automated way
to do it.  Digests are typically configured to be sent periodically
(by a cron job that by default runs once per day).

However, you could:
- set nondigestable=No on the non-digest options page to prevent
users from subscribing to individual messages
- you may want to increase digest_size_threshold if you really want
all approved messages to be in a single digest
- after you have approved the messages, manually run:
    ~mailman/cron/senddigests -l listname
    to force the delivery of a digest at that time (or wait for the
next cron-invoked digest sending)

--
Jim Tittsler     http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship  http://Starship.Python.net/crew/jwt/