[Mailman-Users] Couple of quick configs ...

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Fri Aug 12 04:27:41 CEST 2005

On Aug 12, 2005, at 04:32, Jason LaMar wrote:

> 1. Change the default digest delivery time to 5 p.m. local/server
> time.

Change the entry in crontab that invokes senddigests.  ('crontab -e -
u mailman' where mailman is the Mailman user, typically mailman or
list).

> 2. Completely remove the "You can get more information about this
> list."
> line and the "More info on this list..." bulleted line from ALL the
> Web
> Archives pages of ALL lists.

You can change the arch*.html template files for each of the
languages your lists support.  For example, for English, copy the
templates you wish to change from the ~mailman/templates/en directory
to the ~mailman/templates/site/en directory (creating it if you
haven't already)... and then edit the copies.
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.048.htp>

> For request #2, will this change be retroactive and apply to
> existing Web
> pages? Or do I have to rebuild the lists somehow for these
> deletions to take
> effect?

You will need to rebuild the archive for each list using arch's --
wipe option.
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?
query=wipe&querytype=simple&casefold=yes&req=search>

--
Jim Tittsler     http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship  http://Starship.Python.net/crew/jwt/