[Mailman-Users] HA: making lists private from command line

lkolchin at univ.haifa.ac.il lkolchin at univ.haifa.ac.il
Tue Aug 23 16:52:15 CEST 2005

Hello Mark,
Thanks for your reply.

All I did is:
./config_list -i /var/lib/mailman/data/mailman_config_new.txt mailman

My additional question is:
Where these configurations saved (in the DB maybe?), in what files exactly?

P.S.
for the first and the second question, value should be equal to 1.
# legal values are:
#    0 = "Poster"
#    1 = "This list"
#    2 = "Explicit address"
reply_goes_to_list = 1

## Archive options
#
# List traffic archival policies.
# Archive messages?
#
# legal values are:
#    0 = "No"
#    1 = "Yes"
archive = No
# Is archive file source for public or private archival?
#
# legal values are:
#    0 = "public"
#    1 = "private"
archive_private = 1

Additional values I've found for securing privacy of mailman widesitelist for example:

# Advertise this list when people ask what lists are on this machine?
#
# legal values are:
#    0 = "No"
#    1 = "Yes"