[Mailman-Users] list members treated as nonmembers problem

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Aug 24 02:38:04 CEST 2005

Eric S. Johansson wrote:

>mailman 2.1.5 on gentoo
>
>I was upgrading from 2.0.God knows how old on a Red Hat eight system.  I
>moved the list and archive directories over into the 2.1.5 hierarchy.
>Whenever I send a message to a list, the message is held and I am told I
>am not a member of that list even though I can see it in the Web user
>interface.

The poster is validated as a list member in various ways depending in
particular on the Defaults.py/mm_cfg.py setting of
USE_ENVELOPE_SENDER. Read the comments about this and about
SENDER_HEADERS in Defaults.py, and also understand what headers are
put in your message and what envelope sender is set by your MUA/MTA.