[Mailman-Users] Questions on 'List Renaming' & Misc.

Joe Espinoza j.espinoza.usa at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 19:46:17 CEST 2005

Mark;

Thanks again for all of the help and patience. In regards to this list
actually being an "announcement" list...you're absolutely right and
I'm now going through the link you provided.

Here's what I now plan on doing, based on your suggestions/feedback
and the information on the link you provided;

- Create a new list.

- Under the membership management page, I'll set the Additional Member Tasks to
  turn on the mod flag for all users. That way if anyone sends a msg
to the list, including me...it will sit and wait in the queue until I
release it. Which is nice, especially if I goof up and accidentally
send it out.

- Disable monthly password reminders.

- Strip out the List footer that's automatically added to each message
that's sent out.

Other than what I've listed above, is their anything else that I might
be missing?

For example, since the goal here is for everyone to NOT know that they
are on some sort of list...are their any other
daily/monthly/occasional msgs that Mailman MIGHT send out to the list
other than password reminders?

Also, with this type of List and what I want to accomplish, how can
'automatic bounce-message processing' either help or hinder my goals?

Thanks again for all of the help!

J.