[Mailman-Users] "Server not connected" in smtp-failure log

Mike Hanby flakrat at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 30 17:51:48 CEST 2005

Howdy all,

I have my mailman list set up as an E-Newsletter distribution list, i.e.
only email that I approve goes out to the list.

I am seeing the following errors being repeated over and over in my
/usr/local/mailman/logs/smtp-failure log

delivery to joe at domain.com failed with code -1: Server not connected

I found a possible solution to this in mailman-users list:
	Write this line in your mm_cfg.py
	MTA = 'Postfix'
	SMTPHOST = 'aa.bb.cc.dd'

I already had the MTA line correct, but didn't have the SMTPHOST line.  I've
added that line.

My questions:
	1) do I need to do anything to get mailman to re-read mm_cfg.py?
	2) Will mailman re-attempt to deliver the email to this user or will
he have to wait for my next newsletter email? (remember this is an
E-Newsletter type list)

Thanks, Mike