[Mailman-Users] Python overloading CPU

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Dec 16 18:05:20 CET 2005

At 9:53 AM +0100 2005-12-16, Xabier Guitián wrote:

>  	We've been running mailman for over a long time, and since the summer it
>  started to do some weird things, and the last but not least important is that
>  we cannot enter in the web as admins and the python process is eaitng up
>  every CPY cycle it founds, it's all the time at 99%, more or less.

	Sounds like you may have lock contention, perhaps built up an
excessively large backlog in one of your queue directories, or maybe
you're dealing with the results of a spam attack on your server.

	First, I would recommend that you search the FAQ Wizard for the
term "troubleshooting", and read all the articles that are returned.
Then do the same for "performance".  Then search the archives of the
mailing list.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755