[Mailman-Users] Bounces are going to my old mail server

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Dec 19 20:50:08 CET 2005

Ben Ostrowsky wrote:

>I've created a mailing list called bentest.  My bounce messages are going to
>bentest-bounces at snoopy.tblc.org, but I don't remember telling this new
>mailman server about a host named "snoopy".  I did copy the list data over
>from snoopy (which is our general email server, but not our mailing list
>server).
>
>Several mailing lists' config.* files contain the string 'snoopy', but
>bentest's config.* files do not, so I think I can rule that out.
>
>What's going on here, and how can I fix it?

One of two things. Assuming DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST is not 'snoopy.tblc.org'
either the host name part of the web_page_url attribute of the bentest
list when looked up in the VIRTUAL_HOSTS dictionary (add_virtualhost)
returns 'snoopy.tblc.org' or your outgoing MTA is changing the domain
for the outside world.