[Mailman-Users] Released: Mailman 2.1.7b1
tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Sat Dec 24 08:30:36 CET 2005
I've just released Mailman 2.1.7rc1 Release Candidate. I'm sorry for
the violation of file name extension convention because I made a small
mistake when tagging the release number. I will be releasing 2.1.7
final by December 31 if there is no problem.
Please download it from SF or:
- The fix for CAN-2005-0202 has been enhanced to issue an appropriate
message instead of just quietly dropping ./ and ../ from URLs.
- A note on CVE-2005-3573: Although the RFC2231 bug example in the
CVE has been solved in mailman-2.1.6, there may be more cases
where ToDigest.send_digests() can block regular delivery.
We put the send_digests() calling part in try - except clause and
leave a message in the error log if something happened in
send_digests(). Daily call of cron/senddigests will notify more
detail to the site administrator.
- List administrators can no longer change the user's
globally. Site admin can change these only if
mm_cfg.ALLOW_SITE_ADMIN_COOKIES is set to Yes.
- Script tag is disallowd in edithtml script.
- Since probe message for the disabled users may reach unexpected
persons, the password was excluded from sendProbe() and probe.txt.
Note that the default value of VERP_PROBE has been set to `No'
from 2.1.6., thus this change doesn't change the default behavior.
- Always remove DomainKey (and similar) headers (1287546) from messages
sent to the list.
- List owners can customize content filter behavior as not to collapse
multipart/alternative to its first content. This allows HTML part
to pass through after other content filtering is done.
- New language: Interlingua.
Bug fixes and other patches
- Defaults.py.in: SCRUBBER_DONT_USE_ATTACHMENT_FILENAME is set to True
for safer operation.
- Fix Scrubber.py mungs quoted-printable bug with introducing
'X-Mailman-Scrubbed' header for marking that the payload is
scrubber-munged. The flag is referenced in ToDigest.py,
Decorate.py and Archiver. Similar problem in ToDigest.py where the
plain digest is generated is also fixed.
- Fix Syslog.py to write quopri encoded message when it fail to write
- Fix MTA/Postfix.py to check aliases group permission in check_perms
and fix mailman-install document on this matter (1378270).
- Fix private.py to go to the original URL after authorization
- Fix bounce log score messages to be more consistent.
- Fix bin/remove_members to accept no arguments when both --fromall and
--file= options are specified.
- Change cgi-bin and mail wrapper "group not found" error message to be
more descriptive of the actual problem.
- Apply the list's ban_list to address changes and admin mass subscribe
and invite and to confirmations/approvals of address changes,
subscriptions and invitations.
- Decode quoted-printable and base64 encoded parts before passing to
- Remove Approve: header from post - treat as Approved: (1355707).
- Stop removing line following Approve(d): line in body of post
- Remove Approve(d): <password> from all text/* parts in addition the
initial text/plain part. It still must be the first non-blank line in
the first text/plain part or it won't be found or removed at all
- Log post in post log with true sender, not listname-bounces
- Correctly initialize and remember the list's
attribute in the web list creation page (1263213).
- Add PEP263 charset in config_list output (1343100).
- header_filter_rules get lost if accessed directly and needed
cation by login page (1230865).
- Obscure email when the poster doesn't set full name in 'From:'
- Take preambles and epilogues into account when calculating
for holding purposes (Mark Sapiro).
- Logging/Logger.py unicode transform option (1235567).
- bin/update crashes with bogus files (949117).
- Bugs and patches: 1212066/1301983 (Date header in create/remove
More information about the Mailman-Users