[Mailman-Users] falling back to login screen (repeat)

M. Onur ERGiN monurergin at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 31 23:22:10 CET 2005

Hi, I have posted the below question. I assume, most people couldn't notice. I need urgent feedback. Hope, I don't sound mean.
Best regards.
Onur.

"M. Onur ERGiN" <monurergin at yahoo.com> wrote: Hello,
I am running mailman on a RH9 sever, which has qmail and apache.
Everything was very fine since I installed mailman (it's been about 6 months). but lately, I can not make any changes using admin interface.
Every single click on links or form submissions causes me to fall back to the login screen and no changes are saved. I cannot change membership preferences, or I can't approve/discard/reject/defer pending messages.

I searched through the list archives, but couldn't achieve to find the same prolem. And it is not related with cookies, situation is same in every computer.

What I have recently done on the server was:

I updated httpd from 2.0.xxx to 2.0.40-21.11
I changed the permissions of all the files in /sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin
to o-x and back to o+x (don't ask me why...) Also, some files that had not o+x perm previously, have it now. I don't remember which were they.

And when I do ~mailman/bin/check_perms I only get:
Warning: Private archive directory is other-executable (o+x).
         This could allow other users on your system to read private archives.
         If you're on a shared multiuser system, you should consult the
         installation manual on how to fix this.
No problems found

Any help/idea will be appreciated.

Happy new year, and best wishes.