[Mailman-Users] respond_to_post_requests and header_filter_rules

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Tue Feb 1 03:39:12 CET 2005

Hi,

Ivan Fetch wrote:

> Hello,
>
>    I'm wondering whether there is a way to have respond_to_post_requests
> set to yes (so that senders will be notified if their message is held
> due to posting to a members-only list, their message exceeds mailman's
> size limit, Etc), yet not send notifications to senders who's messages
> are held because they match a filter rule (privacy | spam ).
>
>    The help section of respond_to_post_requests says the following,
> which leads me to believe that it will not notify senders of messages
> which match spam filter rules:
> "Approval notices are sent when mail triggers certain of the limits
> except routine list moderation and spam filters, for which notices are
> not sent. This option overrides ever sending the notice."

Looks like this detail is outdated. I think new spam filters should be
used to silently discard the known spams. Ivan, what version are you
using? Newer version has more generic header_filter_rules to
hold/reject/discard such messages.

Developers, I think I will remove 'spam filters' from the detailed
description above but what is the 'routine list moderation'? I think
list-wide moderation was replaced by per-member moderation, right?

http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/