[Mailman-Users] change password reminder From: header?

Matt Ruzicka matt at frii.com
Wed Feb 2 01:05:18 CET 2005

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> >I realize the answer given in this thread (to ignore them) would "work",
> >but really I am more interested in getting these bounces, and more
> >importantly the responses to the password reminders, to the list owner so
> >they can address them.  I'm equally as disinclined to silently trash them
> >as I am in taking the time to find the list they are from and forward them
> >to the appropriate list owner.
> >
> >Am I just missing something?
>
> Yes. The password reminder is one message to a user with passwords for
> all the users subscriptions at the site.
>
> If you want bounces to go to individual listowners, you'd have to send
> one message per subscription instead of one message per user. I
> suppose you could hack the code to do this if it was important enough
> to you.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your response, but all I am looking for is the
From: header being set to listname-owner for each list's members instead
of sitelist-owner to all members on the site.  I prefer the one address to
each user personally.

Thinking about it now though I have to guess that the password reminders
coming from the site owner would better allow for duplicate message
avoidance.

Matthew Ruzicka - Systems Administrator
Front Range Internet, Inc.
matt at frii.net - (970) 212-0728