[Mailman-Users] Unshuntable files & Spammed Pending List

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Wed Feb 2 13:36:16 CET 2005

Hi,

Tom Anthony wrote:

> My qfiles/shunt/ directory has over 3800 files, and the bin/unshunt
> command doesn't seem to work. It runs for a while then leaves the files
> there. I understand the qfile format has changed in 2.1.5, so I wanted
> to clear these out. Can I just delete them all? (I'm not worried about
> their being being lost or whatnot). Otherwise, why wouldn't unshunt
> work? The permissions are all correct (now - I just fixed that).

The shunted files are shunted again if no fix is made as to the errors
which caused them to be shunted. You'd better delete them or it may
waste cpu time in converting old to new pck format by bin/update.

> Additionally, a couple of my lists got spammed, and now have a lot of
> pending requests (over 17,000 on one and 3,000 on another). I looked up
> how to remove these, but my install lacks a bin/discard utility; I
> presume it came in a later install. Is there anyway for me to clear
> these up before I upgrade?

You can try download bin/discard from the CVS:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/mailman/mailman/bin/discard?rev=2.0.2.1
and install in your install tree. Make sure "#! @PYTHON@" in the first
line shoud be properly replaced by your python path.

http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/