[Mailman-Users] OT? ClamAV Handler and zombie process

John Fleming john at wa9als.com
Thu Feb 3 02:28:19 CET 2005

I'm using the ClamScan.py ClamAV Mailman handler.  Everything seems to work
fine except that a zombie process keeps showing up.  It goes away if I
restart Mailman, but it reappears as soon as the first subsequent message
hits Mailman.  However, no subsequent zombies show up.  ps -ef shows that
"list" is running clamdscan and it shows as <defunct> (the zombie).

Has anyone else seen this?  Any idea how to approach?  Should I just not
worry about it since no further zombies seem to appear?  Pse answer direct
if this is too off-topic for this list.  Thanks - John