[Mailman-Users] How do I resolve this?

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Sat Feb 5 09:06:09 CET 2005

On Feb 5, 2005, at 12:37 AM, Dr. Jones wrote:

> Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:
>

>> On Feb 4, 2005, at 11:45 PM, Dr. Jones wrote:
>>
>>> I get this message after having sent an email to the address below:
>>> The address to which the message has not yet been delivered is:
>>>
>>>  pipe to |/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post 2ls
>>>    generated by 2ls at fyrenice.com
>>>    Delay reason: pipe_transport unset in system_aliases router
>>>
>>> What do I need to change to resolve this?
>>

>> You seem to be using exim as an MTA.
>>
>> Go to your exim.conf (or whatever the exim configuration file is
>> called on your system) and find the system_aliases router
>>
>> add the following line
>>
>>   pipe_transport = address_pipe
>>

>> there is probably a line that starts   file_transport =  or something
>> like that
>> stick it after  that line.
>>
>> Then restart your exim
>
> userforward:
>  driver = forwardfile
>  file_transport = address_file
>  pipe_transport = address_pipe
>  reply_transport = address_reply
>
> system_aliases:
>  driver = aliasfile
>  file_transport = address_file
>  pipe_transport = address_pipe
>  file = /etc/aliases
>  search_type = lsearch
>
> That's in my /etc/exim/exim/conf file.

Well, the error is telling you that the pipe_transport is unset in
system_aliases.  Your file seems to indicate that that is not true --
it is set.  So you need to debug it and make sure it is using the
config file you think it is using.  Play detective based on what you
know.  Restart exim (% kill -HUP <exim-pid>) as a starting point.

Chad