[Mailman-Users] Basic Mailman questions

Alisa M. Lund AlisaLund at adelphia.net
Fri Feb 4 23:15:44 CET 2005

I am a new user to Mailman and apologize for these basic questions.  I did
look for answers but couldn't quite find what I was looking for.

I get access to my mailing list by going to where our website is being
hosted and using the Plesk Control Panel.  From there a new window opens
with the Mailman (version 2.1.1) mailing list administration page.

I am trying to set up an announcement list and think I have that pretty much
figured out thanks to going to
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=all#3.11  but within that I
don't understand some things like:  In Mailman 2.1.x you can customize the
welcome message.  Create a directory lists/<yourlist>/en (assuming English
:) and copy templates/subscribeack.txt to this directory.  Then edit this
file for your specific wording.  Mailman will use this specialized template
for the English welcome messages.

Where would I go to do this??  Or is this something I can't get access to
since I'm not running Mailman on my machine??

There are other things similar to this like the thread from earlier today
about removing old archives or adding a footer to all posts, etc.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Alisa
CapozziGroup.com