[Mailman-Users] archiving attachments via 3rd party software with no mailbox access

Robert Flach mailmanauthor at allauthors.com
Tue Feb 8 06:15:19 CET 2005

My Situation:

   Running: Mailman 2.1.5

   Server Access:
           I DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO:
               root
               mailman group
               mailman user
               list mailboxes
               list archive directories
           I DO HAVE ACCESS TO:
               shell via ssh primarily (but not solely) for web publication
               ability to install some software locally
               cron

   Need:  I need to archive messages in a way that retains attachments
(preferably as separate files with link inserted into message)

   Software: I have MHonArc installed locally.  I cannot install
hypermail do to problems with the cpp on the machine

  Direction: I was hoping to find some type of utility that might check
a pop mailbox, download the mail and put it into a MHonArc accessible
local mailbox folder.

  Success: NONE.

Anyone who can offer a suggestion of any sort (other than "give up")
will be much appreciated.
Sincerely,
Robert Flach