[Mailman-Users] emergency moderation (v 2.1.5)

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Wed Feb 9 11:45:42 CET 2005

At 9:54 AM +0000 2005-02-09, David W Smith wrote:

>  I've switched on emergency moderation for a few for our mailing lists
>  (using v 2.1.5 on a Debian Woody box) and thought I would receive email
>  notification of any postings held for moderation. But this has turned
>  out not to be the case.

	You should get notices at the same time as you would get any
other moderation notices.  So, if you have turned off
admin_immed_notify (on the main web admin page for the list, about
2/3 of the way down), you will only get them once a day.

	Otherwise, something else must be going on.

>  Does anyone know if email notifications should be sent out when
>  emergency moderation is switched on?

	Yes, see above.

>  I have checked for an option that might enable
>  this but without success; maybe I've overlooked something obvious. I
>  do receive email notifications at other times, e.g., when a non-member
>  has posted to a list or a posting is too large.

	Hmm.  Strange.  Have you looked in your logs?  The
troubleshooting recommendations at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.014.htp>
won't be completely relevant to your question, but some of them may
be useful.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755