[Mailman-Users] Low level smtp error - connection refused

Andy McHargue mchargue at usc.edu
Wed Feb 9 19:21:30 CET 2005

Meant to send to the whole list, in case anyone's interested...

> assign the port to SMTPPORT if it's not 25.
I did that, and it seems to be working now.  Thanks very much.

I'm not sure if this would have changed your take on this or not, but I am able to telnet from the box to the ip and the domain name on port 25, but not localhost.  i.e.,

telnet localhost 25 gives me 'connection refused'
telnet <ip> 25 and telnet <domain> 25 both give me a prompt

Anyway thanks.

--
Andy McHargue
Webmaster