[Mailman-Users] SMTP_MAX_RCPT not working?

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Feb 10 17:31:28 CET 2005

Mark Sapiro wrote on Wed, 9 Feb 2005 16:17:28 -0800:

> Previously you wrote "So I set SMTP_MAX_RCPT = 5 in mm_cfg.py". I don't
> know if SMTP_MAX_RCPT is a typo or if that is literally what you set,
> but it could be the problem as the actual variable is SMTP_MAX_RCPTS.

Little mistake, great influence :-)
Yes, it was copied "as is" from the mm_cfg.py and it found it's way there
the same way, but apparently the "S" got lost somewhere. BTW: searching
the FAQ for it shows that it was already suggested some while back to set
a default of 5 since using a greater number apparently doesn't have much
impact on overhead traffic. Must have been lost again or I am using an old
mm_cfg.py.

Thanks!

Kai

--