[Mailman-Users] Critical security update for Mailman 2.1.5 and earlier

Axel Beckert beckert at ecos.de
Fri Feb 11 09:13:30 CET 2005

Hi!

Am Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 10:06:55AM +0900, Tokio Kikuchi schrieb:
> >Python 1 (respective at least 1.5.2) complains about syntax
> >errors. (Which, in fact, also helps against the vulnerability by
> >displaying the "You've found a Mailman bug" page. ;-)
>
> Change the true_path function as:
>
> def true_path(path):
>     "Ensure that the path is safe by removing .."
>     import re
>     path = re.sub('\.+/+', '', path)
>     return path[1:]
>
> and try.

Perfect. Thanks! And I've even learned a little bit more Python today. :-)

> Sorry but I have no 2.0.x around

Probably doesn't matter. The function is exactly the same as in 2.1.5.

> but only found a machine which have working Python 1.x installed.

Thanks for searching.

            Kind regards, Axel Beckert
Axel Beckert      ecos electronic communication services gmbh
it security solutions * web applications with apache and perl

Mail:       Tulpenstrasse 5       D-55276 Dienheim near Mainz
E-Mail:     beckert at ecos.de       Voice:     +49 6133 939-220
WWW:        http://www.ecos.de/   Fax:       +49 6133 939-333