[Mailman-Users] security heads up - path traversal with 2.1.5

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Feb 11 15:17:45 CET 2005

At 1:31 PM +0100 2005-02-11, Kai Schaetzl wrote:

>>  that's the same issue as when users decide when to make announcements
>>  about mailman without consulting Barry.
>
>  All of what you are saying is based on false presumptions. There was no
>  announcement, this list is not an office owned by Barry and it's a
>  discussion list, not an announcement list.

	Chuq is one of the core Mailman developers, so in a sense he
"owns" this list more than just about anyone else, save Barry.  This
is an open source project, and as one of the leaders of that project,
Chuq is someone who gets to set policy on things related to the
project, such as what kind of discussion is or is not appropriate on
this list.

>  We disagree. I don't see a point in continuing this conversation.

	You are correct.  Chuq has spoken.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755