[Mailman-Users] Restrict Mass Subscription

enyc at sheer.us enyc at sheer.us
Sat Feb 12 01:41:24 CET 2005

> I want to grant my users the ability to administer their own lists via
> the web interface on my Mailman 2.1.5 installation.  However, I would
> like to require that invitations be sent out if they use the mass
> subscription feature. Although I understand that with open source
> anything is possible, I would rather avoid direct manipulation of the
> code in order to ease upgrades to future versions.  So far, I have been
> unable to find an option in mm_cfg.py that does what I want.  Can
> someone tell me if I'm overlooking a configuration option?
I don't think you can do what you want I'm afraid...

Probably be relatively 'simple' to ''nobble'' the mailman code such that
  (0) it never gives the options:-
    Subscribe these users now or invite them? ()Subscribe ()Invite
    Send welcome messages to new subscribees? ()No  ()Yes
  (1) "subscribe_or_invite" always taken as "1" regardless of any data
    provided (or not-provided) by http-post.
  (2) "send_welcome_msg_to_this_batch" always taken as "1" regardless
    of any data provided (or not-provided) by http-post.

Hrrrm.. Good luck ;-).
> Jason Bertoch

p.s. ?does anybody know where I can get hold of the "www.list.org"
  server administrator?