[Mailman-Users] Mailman archives

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Feb 12 00:35:16 CET 2005

Chris Rammos wrote:

>First of all i would like to give you a sample of what i want to do ...
>In my mailman archives i have a post like ...
>

>  FW: [SECURITY] [DSA 669-1] New php3 packages fix several vulnerabilities
>
>*First_Name Last_Name * username_at_domain.com
>/Tue Feb 8 10:31:32 EET 2005/

<snip>

>what i want to change for all lists archives is the
>"username_at_domain.com" and i want to give the value of
>"username_at_localhost".
>I just want to change that the email address won't show the domain of
>the user but only appear something like "localhost" after the username
>Is that possible??

This page is created from a template named 'article.html'. See
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.048.htp
for information on where to store revised templates so that they will
be used on a per-list, per-domain or sitewide basis. Also note that
after revising a template for an archive page, the archive must be
rebuilt (with bin/arch) in order for the change to appear in existing
archives.

This template could easily be modified to leave out the poster's e-mail
address entirely. It would require some modification to
Mailman/Archiver/HyperArch.py change just the domain part of the
address.